Friday, April 4, 2014

Recensione ASUS VivoPC Part 3 - I didn't have much time, but I'll take a look and suggest you a guide in the review. Now let's open some windows and see the system works good in the daily use. though we have some issues, here too, due to the RAM 2 GB is the bare minimum Let's see how Ubuntu behaves with Chrome. That's Eeevolution.it, full screen, then Feedly. still logging in. Chrome Web Store, ASUS website. let's open an article. and open another here, to have some other tab. Newsletter, Google Play Store. see, the system is responsive, in the daily use it's fast and nice. let's overload a little, ok, play this video. Audio is good.

I guess with Ubuntu you can also set an higher volume. maybe there's some different software protection. I try to open a review, a little heavier. but you see, loading is quick. let's see this one, Full HD. Management of multimedia on Ubuntu is good, clearly GPU performance is lower than Windows, I think it's for drivers, but video playback is good. Here I have the same 1080p .mkv we tested before, start it with the standard player. all fluid. Let's try another one, .MPEG4 . the same, also full screen. no surprises. In the meanwhile I click on Gimp, so you see how long it takes to load it. With Ubuntu the system is a little less responsive when overloaded. Here's Gimp.

I try to use some filters. well, the system works well in these contexts. I've run another multimedia test. I've installed XBMC, here it goes. and it's fluid, we're reading from my USB key. let's play this .mp4. see, this 1080p is on the XBMC display if I close here, it stays on the background. I think it's a good proof of what you can do with Ubuntu and a custom hardware Well, VivoPC is absolutely a recommended miniPC, it's nice and comfortable. It's easy to upgrade and costs just 199 Euros plus you'll have some unusual features, like Wi-Fi AC and Gigabit Ethernet.

We've seen maybe these ports are too close and the fan never stops working, on the other hand, temperature never goes beyond 66°C and that's great, virtually you could keep it on 24/7. I suggest you add at least 2 GB of RAM upon ordering, since the built-in 2 GB aren't really enough and 4 GB are better for multitasking. For more technical details, benchmarks and info about VivoPc on Electronicsrevi.com.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!