Friday, April 4, 2014

Recensione ASUS VivoPC
Recensione ASUS VivoPC Part 2 - I've installed Ubuntu and Windows 8. This is Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I want t show you some things: first, the disk managing. Here we have a usual hard disk, 500 GB, Western Digital, I've set partitions to install Ubuntu.. but well, you can do whatever you want. Then, there's the Al Suite III by ASUS, you find it in the CD and can choose whether to install it or not, and allows you to have a complete overview on the fan speed, temperature. anyway it never goes beyond 2600 RPM and 66°C. Most of all, here we have the Wi-Fi Go! Suite, which you can install on the tablet and manage VivoPC with it. Here it is on my Lenovo, and look: I'm using my MiniPC from the tablet.

Recensione ASUS VivoPC
It's very useful connecting it on a TV and manage Wi-Fi. We're on the browser now. I have many open tabs. I want you to see the video playback with Full HD. see, there are some problems moving around the tabs, let's say over 8 tabs there's some annoying delay. This is the video playback with Full HD. it's perfect, see the buffering is fast. the volume is good as well, even if the stereo effect is not so good for the loudspeakers are next to each other. This is the test of the tests, with Wi-Fi Go! we're on Fox Life. buffering is fast, it never stop, Wi-Fi is really good. even if I don't have the Wi-Fi AC yet, this is Wi-Fi N. here there's no problems with multimedia. But I want you to see the RAM used while doing all that gets higher, almost 2 GB. it means the computer starts using the Swap memory and slows down. I suggest you upgrade the RAM to, at least, 4 GB. Here we are on Sony Vegas, this is a 1080p mp4 downloaded from my cam, I can easily do some basic things.

See, I'm using filters, cutting the track. it needs some time to start, but you can use the GPU hardware acceleration, and that's a real useful thing. here it is, Intel Graphic. The same is, with some limitations, for Lightroom. Here I have some .ro files, not the best for a cheap MiniPC. you can do a few things though, just some photo editing at home, nothing professional. .but it's something. Much better for games, here's Street Fighter IV, which I think is the best game to match this kind of hardware. 37 FPS is a great result, on the average no delay.

Recensione ASUS VivoPC
The video gaming part is good then, even if the graphic card is not the best, the hardware platform is low-consumption. This is Media Player Home Cinema with a mkv 1080p, the hardware acceleration is DXVA, no lost frames, play/pause is responsive. it's the same for a MPEG4 1080p. without hardware acceleration, but it's fluid. this is AVI file. The last test is about an mp4, I'm showing you this one because we're going to test Ubuntu next and you'll see performance is about the same. We're on Ubuntu 13.10, the system recognizes large part of the hardware at first start, including SD reader, Bluetooth and Gigabit Ethernet. but it can't see the wireless card, now I'm using an external one, USB, even if LSPCI makes me see it's a Realtek 8821, it's a Wi-Fi AC, and searching on the Net you can find some guides to enable it.
Recensione ASUS VivoPC Part 3

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!